- Accelerated Learning Curve — Veterans have the proven ability to learn new skills and concepts quickly and efficiently.
- Leadership and Development — The military trains recruits to lead by example as well as through direction, delegation, motivation and inspiration.
- Teamwork — Veterans understand how genuine and successful teamwork emerges from a responsibility to one’s colleagues along with demonstrating a strong dedication to their combined success.
- Diversity — Veterans are trained to work side-by-side with individuals regardless of race, gender, geographic origin, ethnic background, religious belief, economic status, or mental, physical, and attitudinal capability. They possess the sensitivity to cooperate with all members of their team.
- Performance under Pressure — Veterans understand the rigors of tight schedules and limited resources. They have developed the capacity to know how to accomplish priorities on time and within budget, in spite of tremendous stressors and other obstacles. They are aware of the critical importance of completing tasks in a professional, responsible, and expedient manner.
- Respect for Procedure — Veterans have a unique perspective on the value of accountability. They can grasp their place within an organizational framework and are aware of the importance of adhering to corporate policies and procedures.
- Integrity — Veterans know what it means to do “an honest day’s work.” Prospective employers can take advantage of a track record of integrity and trustworthiness, often including individuals with security clearances.